PRIOR TO SURGERY YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN:
1. Antibacterial Cleanser.
2. Have all prescriptions filled.
3. Have Coca-Cola on hand.
4. Make transportation arrangements. You will not be able to drive yourself home.
10‑14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY:
3. Taking Tylenol is okay.
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
1.Shower and pay particular attention to the breast area with Antibacterial Cleanser .
2.Do not drink ALCOHOL the night before surgery.
3.Take 1 antibiotic tablet at 5:00 P.M. the evening before surgery and another at bedtime.
4. Take one Valium at bedtime.
5. Do not eat or drink anything after mid-night.
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC IN AM
1. Shower with Antibacterial Cleanser, pay particular attention to your breast area.
2. Take one Valium one hour before surgery.
3. Please do not wear any makeup.
4. Please wear loose clothing with no pullover tops.
5. Please leave all valuables at home.
1. Take one antibiotic tablet 4 times a day until finished.
2.Take pain medication as needed.
3. Minimize your activities for two weeks; gradually resume normal activities as you are able and Dr. Gold allows.
4. You may begin to shower the day after surgery.
5. You are to wear your surgical bra 24 hours a day for 1 week. Remove bra to bathe. Do Not Remove The Brown Tape.
6. Call our office if you have any problems or questions. .
7. If you experience nausea or vomiting the evening of surgery drink Coca-Cola, beginning with 1 teaspoon at a time.
8. Unusual pain, accompanied by noticeable swelling of one or both breasts during the first 24 hours, should be called to the attention of Dr. Gold.
ADDITIONAL POSTOPERATIVE INFORMATION:
1.It is common to have numbness about the breasts for several weeks and, in some cases several months.
2.Occasionally, the nipples may become overly sensitive for a short period of time. Changes in sensitivity are almost always temporary
3. You may have some bruising and swelling about the breast area which should disappear in 10 days to 2 weeks. Bruising and swelling does not occur symmetrically.
4. Your breasts will initially have some minimal swelling, which will subside gradually over a period of 6 weeks.
5. Do not be concerned if your breasts appear unduly firm or high. It can take 6 months to achieve your final shape.
6. At your third week follow-up visit, you will be instructed on massage technique.
7. Do Not Use a Heating Pad on the Surgical Site.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"