Brachioplasty: (Cosmetic Upper Arm Surgery)
PRIOR TO SURGERY YOU WILL
NEED TO OBTAIN:
1. An Anti-bacterial Cleanser.
2. Have all prescriptions filled.
3. Make travel arrangements because you will not be able to drive yourself home.
4. Buy Coca-Cola in case you feel any nausea following surgery.
10-14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY:
1. We recommend you be on a well balanced diet and a daily multi-vitamin.
2. Do not take any aspirin or aspirin containing medicine (refer to the list provided in your package). Do not take extra Vitamin E.
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
1. Shower with an anti-bacterial cleanser, paying particular attention to the surgical site.
2. Take one antibiotic tablet at 5:00 p.m. the evening before surgery and another at bedtime.
3. Take one Valium at bedtime.
4. Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
5. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC IN AM
1. Shower with your anti-bacterial cleanser.
Pay particular attention to your arms.
2.Wear loose comfortable clothing to the office.
3. Please leave all valuables at home.
4. Take one Valium 1 hour before Surgery.
1. After surgery, take 1 antibiotic tablet 4 times a day until they are finished.
2. Take pain medication as needed.
3. Minimize your activities the first week.
4. An ace bandage will be placed over the surgical area at the time of your surgery. Wear this continuously for 2 weeks.
5. You may shower on the second day after the surgery. Use lukewarm water, not hot and do not soak in a hot tub. Do not use the anti-bacterial cleanser after surgery.
6. If you are experiencing nausea or vomiting the evening of surgery, drink Coca-Cola, beginning with 1 teaspoon at a time. If necessary, try Dramamine or another motion sickness medicine.
7. Call the office if you have any problems or concerns (858) 451-3060.
8. No Sunbathing, hot tubs, or sauna for 3-4 weeks.
9. You will receive additional Post Operative instructions from our office personnel.
10. Do not use a HEATING PAD on the surgical site.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"