Surgery Date Arrival Time:
PRIOR TO YOUR PEEL:
1. Use a non‑soap hypoallergenic facial cleanser such as Purpose gentle cleansing wash, Nuetragena, or Cetaphil lotion. Use only water to splash face.
2. Make transportation arrangements, as you will not be able to drive yourself home.
3. Moisturize daily.
4. Sunscreen daily.
5. Take a multi-vitamin.
6. Use Retin‑A and Eldoquin Forte (Bleaching cream) as directed a minimum of two weeks pre‑operatively.
7. Notify our office if you have any history of cold sores or facial herpes lesions.
8. Have all prescriptions filled prior to surgery date.
9.Obtain1% Hydrocortisone ointment for Post‑op.
10. Take one antibiotic tablet at 5:OO P.M. and one at bedtime.
11. Take one Valium at bedtime.
1. Do not sunbathe or use tanning bed or booths.
2. Do not smoke.
3. Do not use exfoliates.
4. Do not eat or drink after midnight the evening before except a small amount of water with your Valium if it has been prescribed.
DAY OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOIC IN AM
1. Wash your face. Do not apply any products.
2.Take the Valium if given to you one hour before your surgery.
3. Wear clothing that buttons up and low shoes.
4. Please leave valuables at home.
1.Take one antibiotic tablet four times a day until they are all gone.
2/ Take your pain medication as needed.
3. For the first 48 hours gently apply 1% Hydrocortisone ointment to the peeled area.
4.After 48 hours you may gently wash your face with a non‑soap hypoallergenic cleanser such as the Neutragena, Purpose or Cetaphil lotion. Use your HANDS to apply the cleanser and rinse accordingly. Pat day with a soft cloth and reapply 1% Hydrocortisone
5. If you are experiencing pain, take one pain pill every 3-4 hours. You will experience some swelling in and around the peeled area. This is a normal response and will resolve on it's own. You may be more comfortable sleeping with an extra pillow.
6. Some mild itching and burning is normal during the stages of healing. DO NOT pick at or rub your skin.
7. Avoid all sun exposure during the first six weeks. When outdoors, wear a hat. After initial healing, when Doctor Gold says you may, use at least a 15 SPF waterproof sunscreen. Very high number sunscreens have more chemicals and may be irritating.
8. NO sauna, swimming, or Jacuzzi during the early stages of healing.
9. You will resume using Retin‑A and Eldoquin Forte 4% cream at 10‑14 days post-operatively as directed.
10. NO HEATING PADS ON TREATED AREAS
11. Call (858) 451-3060 if you have any questions.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"