CHIN / MALAR lMPLANTS
Prior to surgery you will need to obtain:
1. Antibacterial Cleanser.
2. Have all prescriptions filled prior to surgery date.
3. Buy Coca-Cola
4. Make transportation arrangements. You will
not be able to drive yourself home.
10‑14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY:
1. We recommend that you be on a well balanced diet and taking a multi‑vitamin daily.
2. Do not take any aspirin containing medications (refer to list). Do no take any extra Vitamin E. These substances can cause excessive bleeding.
3. Taking Tylenol is okay.
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC IN AM
1. Take 1 Valium one hour before surgery.
2. Shower and wash with Antibacterial Cleanser.
3.Wear loose comfortable clothing and low shoes.
4. Please leave all valuables at home.
5. Men: please shave
6. Ladies: no makeup
1. Take one Antibiotic tablet four times a day until finished.
2.Take your pain medication as needed.
3. Minimize your activities for several days.
4. You may shower after Dr. Gold has seen you and has removed the initial dressings.
5. If you experience nausea or Vomiting the evening of surgery drink Coca‑Cola, beginning with one teaspoon at time.
6. Call the office if you have any problems or questions, (858) 451-3060.
7.You should expect swelling and some bruising. Also it is normal for your jaw to be tender. Soft foods are recommended.
8. DO NOT USE A HEATING PAD ON YOUR CHIN.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"