PRIOR TO SURGERY YOU WILL NEEDTO OBTAIN:
4.Have all prescriptions filled.
6.Make transportation arrangements. You will not be able to drive yourself home.
10-14 days before surgery:
1.We recommend that you be on a
well balance diet and take a multi-
2.Do not take any aspirin containing drugs (see list in package).
3.Do not take any extra Vitamin- E.
Taking Tylenol is okay.
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
1. Shower and wash your face, neck, ears, and hair
with an antibacterial cleanser.
2.Take one antibiotic tablet at 5:00 P.M. the evening before surgery, another at bedtime.
3. Take one Valium at bedtime.
3.Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
4.Do not eat or drink anything after mid-night.
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC IN AM
1.Wash your face, neck, hair and ears.
2.Take one Valium one hour before surgery.
3.Make sure to dry your hair.
Men: Please shave.
Ladies: No makeup, please.
4.Please wear loose fitting clothing- no pullover tops.
5.Slip on shoes are recommended.
6.Please leave all valuables at home.
1.Take one antibiotic tablet four times a day until finished.
2. Take pain medication as needed.
3.You will remain in the office recovery room until you are discharged.
4. Elevate your head and shoulders on
two pillows. Do not lie flat
5. When you get home, you are encouraged to sleep in this position for a few days. Don’t turn your head from side to side or up and down. Do not bend or strain, doing so will increase pressure to the surgical site and could cause tension on sutured areas.
6. We recommend applying iced compresses periodically after the surgery for up to 72 hours to help reduce swelling and for comfort. You may use a small washcloth that has been soaked in ice water and wrung out.
7.Take pain pill as needed.
8.A light diet is recommended, however avoid alcohol. 9.If you experience nausea or vomiting the evening of surgery, drink Coca-cola beginning with a tsp. at a time. .
1.Q-tips moistened with Hydrogen
Peroxide should be used to cleanse ear incisions 2.gently keeping them free of crust formation.
3.Don’t use Phisoderm after your surgery.
4.When instructed, shampoo your hair and then continue with your daily routine.
5. You may have a color in 5 to 6 weeks following surgery.
6.You should expect swelling and discoloration about your face and neck. This will begin to subside in a few days and will be virtually gone to 10 to 14 days.
7. It is normal to feel tingling and tightness.
Your hair may be colored 5-6-weeks.
8. DO NOT PLACE A HEATING PAD ON SURGICAL AREAS.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"