PRIOR TO SURGERY YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN:
1. Antibacterial Cleanser.
2. Depending upon the location of the surgery, a special garment may be required.
3. Have all prescriptions filled.
4. Make transportation arrangements as you will not be able to drive yourself home.
10-14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY:
1. We recommend that you be on a well balanced diet and take a multi‑vitamin.
2. Do not take any aspirin containing drugs (Refer to the list in your package).
3. Do not take any extra Vitamin E.
4. Taking Tylenol is okay.
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
1. Shower with the Antibacterial Cleanser, paying particular attention to the surgical site.
2. Take one antibiotic tablet at 5:00 p.m. the evening before surgery, and another at bedtime along with a Valium.
3. Do not drink alcoholic beverages in any significant amount.
4. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
DO NOT TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC IN AM
1. Shower with the Antibacterial soap again, paying particular attention to the surgical site.
2. Ladies: please do not wear any makeup.
3. Wear loose fitting clothing and low shoes.
4. Please leave all valuables at home.
1. After surgery, take 1 antibiotic tablet 4 times a day until they are finished.
2. Take your pain medication as needed.
3. Minimize your activities for the first week.
4. An ace bandage, binder or long leg panty girdle will be placed over the surgical area while you are in the Operating Room. Wear this continuously for 2 weeks. Then during the day for the rest of the month, adding comfort and support.
5. You may shower on the second day after surgery. Use lukewarm water, not hot and do not soak in a hot tub.
6. If you experience nausea or vomiting the evening of surgery, drink Coca‑Cola, beginning with 1 teaspoon at a time.
7. If you have any problems or questions, please call (858) 451-3060
8. No sunbathing, hot tubs, or sauna for 3 to 4 weeks.
9. You will receive instructions from our office personnel regarding massage of the treated area beginning 10 days after surgery.
10. Do Not Use a Heating Pad on surgical site.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"