INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING
RETIN-A & RENOVA
These are general instructions for the use of Retin-A & Renova. Additional individual instructions may also be given.
It is important to maintain a regular program of skin care. Cleanse your face once or twice daily twice daily with non-soap, non-alcohol based products. This is best done at the end of the day to remove make-up and prepare your skin for Retin-A/Renova or a night moisturizer.
- Retin-A/ Renova should be applied at night.
- After cleansing your face, let it dry for 15-20 minutes before applying the Retin-A/Renova.
- Initially you may be instructed to apply Retin-A/Renova every other night for the first two weeks. On the alternate night you are to apply a night moisturizer. Use of an eye cream is also advisable.
- In the morning, splash your face with tepid water, and apply a non-alcohol pH balanced toner. Then apply moisturizer, and eye and lip cream. It is also advisable to use a SPF 30 sunscreen. Avoid direct sunlight whenever possible. You will be more susceptible to sun damage and burning. Also protect your face with a hat or visor.
- After a few days of use, your face may feel a little sensitive; always treat it gently.
- You may notice dry patches occurring at the corners of your nose and mouth. If this happens, apply a small amount of moisturizer to these areas when using the Retin-A/Renova.
- After two weeks you may increase applications to every night if your skin seems to be tolerating the Retin-A/Renova. If scaling occurs, skip one or more nights. Some patients require less frequent applications.
- Do not use other preparations, such as peeling agents, unless so instructed by Dr. Gold.
- Do not use on open wounds or directly around the eyes.
- It will take time to see improvement. If you have any questions, please call our office.
Return to "Surgical Instructions"